This site is NOPIN - No pinning on Pinterest.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Keep Your Work off Pinterest

If you are like me and believe that Pinterest is evil, worried about your copyrighted work getting stolen, there is a solution you could try.

If you label your website HEAD (and every single website attached to your main domain) with the following HTML tag, you will allegedly be prohibiting your work from being "pinned:"

<meta name="pinterest" content="nopin" />

Again, that tag must go in your <head>

Of course it hurts my feelings when people steal my work, which is why I don't want it on Pinterest, a site that has been reported to not only strip the exif data off pictures but also to fail to identify the artist.... but it's even more important to me that my clients are protected from seeing their faces on advertisements or other places on the internet without their say-so. These are the reasons why I believe Pinterest to be an evil website.

No comments:

Post a Comment